- Annual Certification & Inspection must be
preformed by a licensed technician on an annual basis to
ensure that your extinguisher will function properly if
- Six year internal inspection & Recharge must be
preformed every 6 years from date of manufacture. This test
consists of completely disassembling the extinguisher and
checking the internal parts. Replacing parts if necessary.
- Hydrostatic Testing is preformed every 5 or 12
years depending on the type of extinguisher. This test is
involves filling the extinguisher with water and pressurizing
the cylinder to ensure the cylinders integrity.
- Installation should be preformed by a licensed
technician. Extinguishers must be installed in accordance with
title 19. Proper distance between extinguishers and ease of
access must be a priority during installation.
- Repairs can be made to many parts of the
extinguisher. For example; gauges, handles, and hoses. Damage
to the cylinder can not be repaired and must be replaced.